More tags »
Not logged in
Zend Core 2.0 Released
on Tuesday, 06 March 2007, 15:19
Views: 5073, comments: 0
Zend Technologies has announced the immediate availability of Zend Core, the PHP5 application stack, version 2.0
Quoting the announcement:
The Zend and Microsoft collaboration significantly enhances the reliability and performance of PHP on the Windows platform. In response to joint customer demand, this collaboration, between the two companies, has created the first truly production quality PHP environment for Windows.
- Technical improvements for PHP, which have already been submitted under the PHP license to the PHP community for feedback and approved for inclusion in PHP 5.2.1.
- In cooperation with Microsoft, Zend has developed a Windows version of Zend's Enabler technology that represents a robust, high performance FastCGI implementation for IIS.
- Microsoft has developed the Microsoft IIS FastCGI Technical Preview as an Internet Information Services (IIS) add-on component. This will serve as the interface between PHP and the IIS Web server in the future. The technology is available today as an unsupported technology preview for use on Windows XP / IIS 5, Windows Server 2003 / IIS 6, and Windows Vista and Windows Server codenamed "Longhorn" / IIS 7.0. It represents the maximum possible performance improvement currently available for the Windows platforms. Click here for installation instructions on using IIS FastCGI with PHP and Zend Core 2.0 beta.
- Zend will establish a Windows testing lab and conduct regular tests to provide performance improvements to maintain high performance of PHP on the Windows Server platform as PHP evolves.
- Microsoft and Zend will work to help ensure a production-quality PHP run-time environment for IIS 6.0 (Windows Server 2003) and IIS 7.0 (Windows Server "Longhorn") on par with Linux deployment platforms.
These enhancements combine to produce a 200-300% improvement in performance over previous versions of PHP for Windows hosted systems. This brings Windows based PHP servers to a comparable level with Linux based PHP servers.
Other features are:
* Bundled Zend Framework
* MySQL V5.0
* Universal DB Support
* Mac OS X Support (beta).
"Zend Core is the leading production quality PHP 5 stack that provides the certified, enhanced capabilities with support and services that serious professionals need for PHP development and production."
Zend Core 2.0.1 for Oracle and IBM Released
Zend Framework 1.0.0 RC2 Released
Symfony 1.0.4 Released
Zend Framework 1.0.0 RC3 Released
PHP Version 5.2.3 Released
Zend Framework 1.0.0 RC1 Released
Prado 3.1.0 RC Released
Symfony 1.0.3 Released
Symfony 1.0.5 Released
Zend Framework 1.0.0 Production Released
Symfony 1.0.6 Released
PHP Version 5.2.4 Released
2008 PHP Quebec Conference Call for Papers
PHP Version 5.2.4 (RC1) Released for Testing
Zend Framework 1.0.1 Released
Prado 3.1.0 Released
CodeIgniter 1.5.4 Released
Zend Framework 0.9.3 Beta Released
PHP Version 5.2.2 Released
Solar 0.26.0 Released
PHP Version 5.2.1 Released
Zend Platform 3.0 Released
PHP Conference UK 2007 Registration Open
International PHP Conference Call for Papers Announced
Zend Platform 3.0 Beta for Windows Released
Symfony 1.0 Beta 4 Released
Symfony 1.0 Released
Zend Framework 0.8.0 Released
Prado 3.1.0 Beta Released
PHP Version 5.2.2 (RC1) Released for Testing
Symfony 1.0.2 Released
Prado 3.0.7 Released
Zend Framework 0.9.1 Beta Released
Solar 0.27.0 and 0.27.1 Released
Zend Framework 0.9.0 Beta Released
Prado 3.1.0 Alpha Released